I started working for UNFI's Ridgefield warehouse, as an order selector, and the company offers a generous referral program. After three months, if you use my referral link, I'll give you a $300 bonus:
If you end up applying with my referral link, please contact me, so I can make sure you get paid.
We primarily need order selectors who start at 3pm, to improve afternoon and evening production. You get a $1.25 shift differential, and there are other performance incentives, and plenty of overtime available.
Search results for Ridgefield UNFI:
Search results for Centralia UNFI:
Some of the jobs in Centralia have even larger bonuses, with the 11pm shift bringing in a $5,000 bonus, paid over the entire year.
The job is done when the work is done. This is definitely not an easy 6-8 hour job. Plan on working 8-12 hours, depending on the day of the week. Sunday and Monday are the busy days, and Tuesday and Saturday are the shortest days.
As we get more employees, the overall work decreases, and we can go home sooner! This is critical for the holiday rush, so the $300 bonus is being made available to encourage new hires, who can commit to being here for at least three months, getting us through most of the holiday season.
Below is a copy & pasted job description from the company website; please contact me directly if you want to learn more about the environment, benefits, and realistic expectations.
Warehouse Order Selector - Pay starting at $21/ Hour
UNFI in Ridgefield is NOW hiring Order Selectors – We continue to grow with many openings!
Apply today or join us at one of our hiring events listed below to be a part of our dedicated team of professionals at UNFI in Ridgefield, WA. We can help make a difference in our community by distributing fresh organic food to consumers over the Pacific Northwest.
If this sounds like the position for you, come to one of our hiring events located right on site: 7909 S Union Ridge Pkwy, Ridgefield, WA 98642 (Located off exit 14, by the Clark County Fairgrounds)
Walk-in interviews are every week: No RSVP is needed, although encouraged!
- Wednesdays: 1 pm - 4 pm
Scheduled interviews are conducted every Tuesday and Thursday: 1 pm – 5:30 pm You must RSVP via email or text: 360-600-2299
What schedule are we hiring for?
For our full-time associates, start times range from 9:30 am - 11 am, and their end times range from 7 pm - 12 pm. Full-Time Associates must have OPEN availability; Sundays & Mondays also are non-negotiable required! Overtime is required, on average, 9 to 12-hour days are possible.
FLEX start times vary from 9 am to 1 pm; FLEX shifts can range from 4 Hours to 10 Hours long. They are looking for individuals who can work 4 to 5 days a week, 16 to 35 hours preferred. 8 hours per week required! For our FLEX (part-time) positions, you MUST have availability on Sundays & Fridays!
What do we have to offer?
- Competitive wages: $21 an hour starting pay!
- First-year pay up to $25.80 possible through the weekend, overnight, and production incentives.
- Weekly pay; Annual pay increases
- Consecutive days off available
- Incentive pay is based on exceeding productivity goals; Pays up to $23.80 an hour, Pay Incentives for weekends, and freezer work can increase pay by up to +$4 / Per Hour
- Paid time off - Accrual that begins on day one of employment, FT associates are eligible to use their PTO after 90 days of employment
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and short-term disability are other benefits Full-Time Associates will receive after 30 days of employment
- 401K with a company match of up to 50% and tuition reimbursement
- 25% discounts on wholesale purchases and access to our on-site store immediately
- Daycare assistance and Internal promotional opportunities after 6+ months of successful employment
Does this sound like the correct position for you? Feel free to attend any of our hiring events on-site!
Who should apply? Professionals with the following:
- At least six months of experience in a large distribution center is preferred for full-time and required for FLEX
- Experience with a double electric pallet jack preferred for full-time, required for FLEX
- Ability to safely lift to 75lbs continuously throughout your shift
- Ability to pick products with a high degree of accuracy and efficiency
- Must pass a criminal background check and a drug screening upon offer; we don't screen for THC
- Please use the second driveway from the main lobby (you will enter through our associate parking entrance)
- Upon arrival, check in with the security Officer at the Visitor's Entrance.
- The dress code is casual, although it does require close-toed shoes
Here is some of what your day will look like as an Order Selector:
- You must safely, accurately, and efficiently pull orders along the way, including grocery products, perishables, frozen food, or repack products
- You will palletize, shrink wrap, and place orders in the assigned locations
- You will report adjustments to inventory counts, spoilage, or damaged stock. You will also be responsible for notifying your supervisors of any location changes and if you run out of any supplies
- You will transport products throughout the warehouse utilizing an electric pallet jack.
- You will maintain order selection performance standards of speed and accuracy with minimum damage and maximum safety
- You will assist other department personnel when peak workloads require or during absences of division personnel
Please note: You must be able to work in a range of temperatures ranging from -10 to 90+ degrees, and you will be required to meet a 3-month probationary period!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Click A Day in the Life of a UNFI Associate so you can see what your day-to-day may entail.